Today our suburb in focus, Richmond, sits on the outskirts of Melbourne’s CBD and is home to the iconic MCG, Bridge Road outlet shopping, and food hub, known for its Vietnamese food.
Richmond is buzzing with cafes, and restaurants and its proximity to Melbourne’s sporting hub creates a thriving atmosphere all year ‘round. Only a hop, skip and jump from popular bars and pubs, Richmond is considered a residential hot spot.
Once a working class area it’s now considered an affluent suburb showcasing terrace homes, warehouse conversions, and modern renovations. Close to trams, trains and walking distance to most amenities, it’s the perfect suburb if you want it all. This, however, makes it popular with opportunists and it’s for this reason Richmond has a high crime rate.
Richmond Locksmiths provide us with the latest Crime Stats
We take a look at the crime stats of our service suburbs. These stats are provided by the Crime Statistics Agency of Victoria and show the crime rates for Richmond over a one year period.
Top 5 Richmond Offences 2018
- Theft (1,292 cases reported)
- Deception (255 cases reported)
- Burglary/ Breaking and Entering (294 cases reported)
- Property Damage (284 cases reported)
- Breaches of Orders (272 cases reported)
Top 5 Richmond Offences 2017
- Theft (1,787 cases reported)
- Deception (442 cases reported)
- Burglary/ Breaking and Entering (372 cases reported)
- Property Damage (346 cases reported)
- Breaches of Orders (336 cases reported)
The offences that we have looked at indicate all offences have reduced substantially since 2017. The reasoning is not clear however, it could be a combination of increased police presence, increased property security, or criminals targeting a less populated area.
If you live in this month’s suburb in focus, Richmond, and are concerned about your security contact us today. Our mobile locksmiths can provide you with a security solution tailored to your needs.