Coburg is this month’s suburb in focus and while it’s located 9km North of Melbourne’s CBD, it offers a good mix of new café’s and an endless supply of falafels. This multi-cultural suburb has recently seen an increase of millennials moving North of Brunswick due to rising prices and Coburg offers them the next best thing at an affordable price.
The Merri Creek parkland and bike trails are a great way for weekend explorers to discover the area. Coburg is primarily made up of suburban streets which provides a community feel for families.
However, as our suburb in focus this month, we take a look at Coburg and how it is affected by crime.
Stats are provided by the Crime Statistics Agency of Victoria and show the crime rates for our suburb in focus, Coburg, thus far in 2019.
Top 5 Coburg Offences for last year (2018)
- Theft (1,310 cases reported)
- Deception (258 cases reported)
- Burglary/ Breaking and Entering (219 cases reported)
- Property Damage (185 cases reported)
- Breaches of Orders (164 cases reported)
Top 5 Coburg Offences thus far (2019)
- Theft (1,223 cases reported)
- Deception (232 cases reported)
- Burglary/ Breaking and Entering (195 cases reported)
- Property Damage (155 cases reported)
- Breaches of Orders (196 cases reported)
Most offences in the area are slightly reduced from 2018. However, the offences that we have looked at indicate that Theft is a major issue in Coburg.
The reasoning for theft in this area being substantially higher than other areas we assess is not clear, however this could be a good time to increased your security, install a security system and ensure your home is properly insured.
Amalgamated Locksmiths Coburg
If you live in Coburg and are concerned about your security contact us today. Our mobile locksmiths can provide you with a security solution tailored to your needs.