Today our suburb in focus, Abbotsford, sits on the outskirts of Melbourne’s CBD and is popular with both families and creatives. It has a mix of green open spaces, access to the river and is filled with both industrial and period architecture.
Abbotsford is buzzing with cafes, hip bars and is home to the popular Abbotsford Convent and Collingwood Children’s farm which brings a mix of people to the area. Easily accessible by tram, bus and train, Abbotsford is the perfect neighbourhood if you want to experience the inner-city lifestyle without the hustle and bustle.
As our suburb in focus this month, we take a look at Abbotsford and how it is affected by crime.
Abbotsford Locksmiths provide us with the latest Crime Stats.
Stats are provided by the Crime Statistics Agency of Victoria and show the crime rates for our suburb in focus, Abbotsford, thus far in 2019.
Top 5 Abbotsford Offences for last year (2018)
- Theft (425 cases reported)
- Deception (113 cases reported)
- Burglary/ Breaking and Entering (120 cases reported)
- Property Damage (78 cases reported)
- Breaches of Orders (67 cases reported)
Top 5 Abbotsford Offences thus far (2019)
- Theft (613 cases reported)
- Deception (122 cases reported)
- Burglary/ Breaking and Entering (116 cases reported)
- Property Damage (81 cases reported)
- Breaches of Orders (170 cases reported)
The offences that we have looked at indicate that Theft and Breaches of Order have both risen in the area substantially. The reasoning is not clear however this could be a good time to increased your security, install a security system and ensure your home is properly insured.
If you live in Abbotsford and are concerned about your security contact us today. Our mobile locksmiths can provide you with a security solution tailored to your needs.