We are lucky that we have many locksmiths who have been working for us for several years. But from time to time due to staff changes and business growth we look at hiring a locksmith.
We take this process seriously. Our customers trust us with the security for their homes, businesses and vehicles. So we need to make sure that any locksmith working for us has the skills and qualities that our customers expect.
What we are looking for in locksmiths
Some of the key criteria for any locksmith joining us include:
- Locksmith qualifications and on the job experience
- Professional, punctual and courteous
- Able to give professional advice and explanations to customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Experience with a variety of locksmith specialities (cars, motorbikes, locks, rekeying, safes, security systems, alarms, access control)
- No criminal record (we conduct police checks with every applicant)
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
- A customer friendly approach
- Good communicator, well-spoken and reliable
Our locksmiths must also enjoy being on the road – with Melbourne traffic they can spend up to half their workday in the van.
We conduct a lot of in-house training to ensure our locksmiths are up to date with the latest technology. Advancements in lock and security technology change rapidly. So, it’s essential for our team to be across the latest developments and products on the market.
So if you’re looking for a locksmith who is reliable, experienced and professional, you can be confident in choosing Amalgamated Locksmiths. Contact us today.